Skip to main content
The National Preparedness Community

Introduction

Anita Young 1 year ago   Reply

Hi everyone, my name is Anita Young and I'm the owner of Destiny Planning (an organizing business), located in Sachse, Texas. Our goal is to assist people in organizing and documenting their estate before that unexpected life event. In researching, I discovered info on NPM which sparked my interest and decided to engage by joining as a Coalition Member to help others prepare as well. 

As a member I plan to share tools and info that I learn of with my family, friends and community and empower them to prepare!

My 1st project is educating my family. I conducted the Emergency Preparedness Quiz for Kids with my 10year old niece. This was informing, so I will definitely share these resources to help others.

Judy Sears 1 year ago   Reply

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your introduction. I live in Arcata, CA attending Humboldt State University and apprenticing with a professional organizer, Barbara Browning, owner of Order Within. We are building a team of organizers and my special interest is organizing space, down sizing, moving and disaster preparedness. My sense is that you are focusing on advanced directives, legal documents for end of life events, is that right? I am thinking this might be an excellent entry point to talk with folks about disaster and evacuation plans, neighborhood organizing and potentially getting holistic plans put together. Your intro particularly caught my eye because of your sharing with a 10 year old. That is a bridge I see - between the young folks and elders, either the young ones sharing what they learn about preparedness with adults, and elders working with kids. I certainly wish you the best!

Judy Sears

Judy,

Hi thanks for your comments. Yes, I believe this would be a good entry point to share about preparing! I have had positive experiences when sharing with others about preparing for the unexpected! Best Wishes in working in this field.

Anita, Destiny Planning

Hi Anita,

Thank you for joining the community and introducing yourself! That is so great to hear that you shared the preparedness quiz for kids with your niece. How did she like it?

She loved it! She likes to learn new things and always asks plenty of questions! 

Colleen Ridge 1 year ago   Reply

Hi Anita!   I have a house in Sachse (Woodbridge).   We lived there for 10yrs before moving to Australia (where my husband is from). 

Colleen

Collen

Wow, it's great to hear from a local! If you know of anyone in the area in need of assistance in Preparing for the Future and Emergencies or Estate Organizing, please let me know and I can service their needs. 

Anita, Destiny Planning